Substance Abuse Prevention
- Youth Peer Education "Peer Leadership"
- Strategic Prevention Framework
- Communication Campaign
- Illinois State Prevention Bowl
- Illinois Youth Survey
Nutrition and Health Promotion
- Healthy Corner Stores
- School/Community Gardens and Garden Clubs
- Joint Use Agreement (Soccer Tournament, Baseball/Boxing Clinics)
- Safe Park Zones
- School District #170 Nutrition Plan
- Non Motorized Transportation Committee
Getting Youth Excited About Eating Healthy in Chicago
Heights: Kids Like Vegetables More Than You Think!
The Alliance conducted a nutrition survey in Chicago Heights School District #170, along with Taste Tests, where youth were invited to try delights such as zucchini, broccoli, kale, squash and other vegetables. Find out more about how your child's school can get in on all the tasty fun... contact Vicky, Nutritionist at Chicago Heights SD #170 for more info.